Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tomorrow we have our ultrasound appointment. That's pretty exciting. Of course the big debate right now is whether to find out if the little critter is a boy or a girl. Michelle really wants to find out, but I am more inclined to wait. But in fairness I asked her to present her case. She was watching a courtroom drama when I got home from work so I was expecting some razzledazzle oratory and impeccable logical rhetoric. Her argument: "I really want to know!!!!!"
So then it was my turn.
"Okay so you know about quantum physics right?"
"No."
"You don't?"
Anyways, the gist of my argument is that, once we know, this quantum uncertainty of gender will be a known factor, and all of the fun we are having trying to choose a name will either end altogether (in the case of a boy since we have already decided what Boyquantumstate will be called) or, um, well, I forget how I worded it. Anyways we ended in a stalemate. But then Michelle started looking at boy names.
"How about Roman?" she said.
"How about Spartan?"
"Be serious!"
"I am serious- how about Leonidas?"
"Leonidas sounds like a disease."
"It's not a disease it's a mighty Spartan warrior."
"All I hear is 'itis'."
"It's not Leonitis it's Leonidas!"
"Well I like the name Roman."