Wednesday, November 18, 2020

 I haven't gone anywhere in forever but it's been an eventful few days. I mean, sort of. It's about to be, that's for sure.

First, online stuff. I signed up for a MOOC today out of my Alma Mater, the good old University of Alberta. It's called Indigenous Canada. Maybe you've seen Dan Levy tweet about it. It's really good so far. Some years ago I took what we wound up affectionately calling the #superMOOC which was about gender and sexuality in comic books, and that was really valuable and interesting. Indigenous representation, respect and reconciliation is something I'm very interested in and have been for a while, so this seems like kind of the bare minimum of something I should do before I go much further in writing Indigenous characters while not appropriating or being otherwise inappropriate.

Another very cool thing that came along at just the right time for me was a quote I got from one of the most recent episodes of Brené Brown's podcast, Unlocking Us- the one with wrier Gabby Rivera. I could just write the quote out but I think you should listen for yourself. It will jump out at you if you are a writer. And if you aren't or don't have the time or whatever multitude  of other reasons, leave a comment and I will tell you in the comments. It gave me life today.

What else. I got a professional logo made for The Ursus Verses, which is something I was waiting on before going ahead with the print edition. The logo I made in Word was alright just to get something out there but for a print version I knew I needed something professional. I'm quite pleased with it and stay tuned I am sure I will show it to you soon. Also leave a comment if you want to preorder the print version of volume 1 of The Ursus Verses, available already in ebook format on Amazon and Kobo. 

And I've said it on social media all over the place so this probably isn't news but I just realized I never said anything on the blog- on Friday we are getting a bear cub! Well, a puppy that looks just like a bear cub. Her name is Ahsoka and here is a picture because omg she is the cutest thing ever. I love her! Can't wait until Friday.




No comments: