Friday, November 05, 2021




I love how zoom or remote conferences and such have been normalized in this deeply unnormal time we are still in the midst of. Yeah, zoom can be quite awkward and frustrating but I love that we can just say, "Hey let's do a literary festival this month, it will be fun" and no one expects you to buy an airplane ticket or anything. You just show up. I think that's really cool. Anyways all that is to say I am . . . presenting? ... speaking? ... teaching???? I dunno the best term but I am one of five featured writers taking part in this litfest on November 27th. It will be fun!

I definitely feel impostor syndrome for this one. I've been writing for a long time but I don't know that I have anything very useful to offer to other writers, many of whom are way more accomplished than I. But, this topic is shaping up bit by bit so I am looking forward to seeing how it goes.  I might not know the most about writing but I do know the most about mining! Although my old coal mine isn't returning my calls a bout me borrowing some shovels and trucks for the seminar. Hopefully I'll get that sorted out before the 27th. Hope to see you there!

No comments: