Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Did you know I'm an award-winning poet? It's true- I entered a poetry contest in Grade 11 and won a pen. It wasn't a very good pen, but that's ok, it wasn't a very good poem.

Anyways, I bring this up because, in all seriousness, I am no one's idea of an award-winning poet, but I have sold my first poem and it feels pretty good. I've sold stories, and a modest amount of my own chapbooks that have my poetry in them, but never before has anyone published a poem of mine. It'll be on a postcard! Packaged in a subscription service with some tea and chocolate. When my copy arrives I will post some pics but for now if you want to order your own head over to Off Topic Publishing

The anticipation! I can't wait. Speaking of, the poem that won me a pen was called


Anticipation

Anticipation is the expectation of things which might occur

Waiting for annihilation

Death of the world on a moment's spur


It went on like that for a while but I will spare you the rest. The poem on this postcard is much better, I promise! If I still had that pen I would use it to write you a postcard...

No comments: