Friday, November 25, 2022

Contest!

 



Contest time!

Super excited to announce a Lego building contest based on the stories and poems in my book, The Ursus Verses! It's pretty simple- build something out of Lego based on anything in The Ursus Verses! A wizard bear who conjured salmon trees! A plasma dragon. An ancient abomination. A squobster! Make a custom mini figure or a diorama or a creature. Heck, make a movie! Anything goes for the most part. It needs to be made from our beloved name-brand bricks, not knockoffs, and please don't pass off others' work as your own. 

The contest opens now, and will close on January 31, 2023. Lots of time to get your reading in, and then building. But wait! "How do I get my hands on your book?" Excellent question. The ebook is available right now here and here. Physical copies are available in quite a few places in Edmonton: most of the larger Remedy Cafes have copies. Rolling Tales on the south side, Pe Metawe Games on the north side, and my two awesome co-judges for the contest also carry copies. So let me introduce them to you:

First we have Travis from The Edmonton Brickyard (4228 66 St NW, Edmonton). I love that store so much and Travis is such a great guy. In fact, if you go there and buy two cups of bulk Lego you will get the book for free! How's that for a deal?

And then we have Aaron from High Top Bricks at the Super Flea market 12011-111 Ave. Pop in and say hi! 

And yes, there are prizes! We will have two categories, for builders under 13 and those who are 13 and older. Both categories have prizes. which are Lego sets! Two of them are on their way to me right now- and I will post more about them as they arrive. 

So, to enter, send photos or whatever- plus a brief description of  how it relates to The Ursus Verses- to me, either through email ( nwaddell at gmail dot com) or on instagram- use the hashtag #theursusverses - and we will post them on our social media. If you prefer anonymity or a username just let me know, but we will need your real name for the judging. 

Finally the small print stuff- this contest is not affiliated or endorsed in any way by Lego or the Lego Store or any of their affiliates. It's just me. There is no purchase necessary- and in fact you can read The Ursus Verses on EPL's Overdrive app, or if you have a different library, request that they carry it on their e-reader app of choice! Please don't pass another designer's work off as your own, though using elements such as a diorama stand is allowed, so long as you credit the designer.

Have fun and happy building! Feel free to ask any questions, I want to be as transparent as possible, and I am sure I will make mistakes as this is the first time I've ever done anything like this.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

How awesome! Picked up your book, can't wait to start reading it.