Wednesday, December 21, 2022


 It's here! It looks like I am holding two books in this photo but the truth is they are the same book. Variant covers, you know. So exciting! The Librarian! Can't wait to read it- obviously I know what my story says, but I am very curious to see how the other writers handle the shared character of the Librarian and her talking bag-of-holding, Satchel. 

I just need to finish reading Nona The Ninth. It's taking me ages, not because I'm not enjoying it, but just so busy. Actually I love that book, and I thought about rereading Gideon (for the third time) and Harrow before diving into Nona but I didn't. I regret that decision but I will just reread all of them once Alecto comes out.

So yeah! The Librarian is here. I know I've talked about it a bit here and on social media but I'm going to talk about it some more. As a writer every publication is special and it's a validation that yeah, I actually can write and write well. It's an art and I have spent literally 20 years honing it- this 20yo blog is proof of that. And of course, I was writing long before there were blogs. (And long after, some might say lol). Anyways. I saw that cover when the call for submissions came out and I knew I had to write my little heart out to earn a place in the anthology. So I did. Yeah. And I don't mind saying I'm proud of that. I've gotten my share of rejections, sure. No problem, just part of the writing life.  But this is the one that mattered to me. Thanks for letting me flex a bit! Sometimes you need to, even if its just to the void.

Hey, speaking of the void, I got one more book coming out this year- at this point might be early next year- and I will let you know when that comes out. In the meantime my Ursus Verses Lego contest is still going! Scroll down for details!

No comments: