Sunday, August 21, 2005

Festival festivallus!
Have you been out to the Fringe yet? Michelle and I are going tomorrow. As always, the hard part is choosing just one or two plays out of the many that sound interesting. I think I'm due for a dud, since so far I have always been really lucky. We'll see.
A couple of weeks ago we went to the Folk Festival for a couple of the nights- the highlight was seeing Loreena McKennit. She sounds even better live than on her CDs, Selkie! Just amazing. Steve Earle the next night.
And Symphony Under the Sky is coming up in a couple of weeks. Beethoven's Overture to Egmont is on the itinerary so we are definitely going to try and get to that. Wanna come?
On a smaller scale, but just as exciting, is next Sunday's G-Arts festival at the Gathering. Third Annual, no less! I will be reading some poems and a story that first appeared right here in the Woods! Always a good time.

No comments: