Thursday, December 14, 2006

When Michelle married me, she became my unwitting musical padawan- she was exposed to bushels of music never before heard by her ears. Today I think I will promote her from padawan to jedi knight. She came home to find me listening to Beck's Mellow Gold, specifically track 7, 'Sweet Sunshine', and she remarked, "This reminds me a little of Slipknot, in a way." And indeed, 'Virus of Life' and 'Iowa' both have a similar vibe, believe it or not, to that song. An astute observation!
I'm so proud!
Of course, it works both ways, as I am now something of an Oprah acolyte, knowing who Oprites such as Dr. Oz and Steadman are. I even watched Oprah's Road Trip episodes all by myself when Michelle was working late, coaching volleyball. In fact, Oprah is on right now so I guess I should go.

No comments: