Sunday, May 13, 2007

water truck
(Flickr)
Due to the Labour Shortage (that's right- capitalized like a force of nature- Labour Shortage Larry!) I often find myself doing several jobs at once. It can be a pain in the butt sometimes. I remember one night I drove the pit bus, went back and got the pump truck to do some pump stuff, moved the cable stands, then had to go on the water truck, then relieved the shovel operator while he had to go down and write an incident report, then back on pumps, then I did some loader training, then . . . But over the course of a 12 hour shift there's lots of times to do stuff and being busy helps it go by faster. Last night was a new one though- I was written in on the lineup sheet twice, in two different jobs (neither one my own). "Do I get paid twice?" I asked.
"No."
"Oh. Well, I can do two jobs half-assed or I can do one job with my whole ass, which would you prefer?"
So I wound up doing three jobs with, I suppose, one third of an ass each.

No comments: