Friday, June 01, 2007

In Colby Cosh's newly comment-enabled blog I tried to start a small discussion about cultural differences between Americans and us Canucks. It seems an American thought the new Shreddies marketing campaign was only funny if you're Canadian. (And another Yank thought it was nice of us to have Spanish on our cereal boxes, having never, apparently, been exposed to French before.) Anyway, not much got going there but it reminded me of a conversation I had at work the other night with a buddy who has been buying some real estate south of the border. Make sure you imagine his portion of the dialogue with his Jamaican accent.
Me: Arizona, eh? It's pretty nice down there.
B: You shoulda seen the guy I saw on his Harley. Driving down the highway with two guns strapped to his waist.
Me: Whoa. Crazy.
B: And NO HELMET!


Anyways, the Pirate Bear Karen Ellis drew for me is back because Michelle and I are off to see PotC3 after she gets home from work.

No comments: