Wednesday, June 25, 2008


So Chapters/Coles/Indigo is having a buy three get one free sale, and it applies to every book they have. Sweet! Too bad they didn't have Ursula Vernon's Nurk. That one might have to be an Amazon order. Here's what I got:
Schuyler's Monster, Robert Rummel-Hudson. I love his blog (currently featuring a picture of Schuyler and TWO rancor monsters!!) so I know his book will be great, too.
Beijing Confidential: A Tale of Comrades Lost and Found, Jan Wong. I've read her other books about China twice each so it's great to have a new one. Even if everyone in Quebec hates her!
Finding Battlestar Galactica: An Unauthorized Guide, Lynnette Porter. It was that or Crash Course in Brain Surgery- Metallica and Philosophy.
And then I also got one for Michelle, Stephanie Meyer's New Moon. The third book in the hugely popular vampire romance series for teens. Some of her students lent her the first one and she got into it. Fair enough.
Right now I'm reading Italo Calvino's If On A Winter's Night a Traveller, which is great. And I just read China Mieville's The Scar, which is easily my favorite of his books so far. One of those rare books you don't want to end. One of those books Italo Calvino might call Books You Love So Much You Want To Reread Immediately But You Know You Have Too Many Other Books To Read So You Don't.