Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I know we are very far behind in movies, but slowly we are catching up. We went and saw Harry Potter the other day. I was pleased with it but I haven't read Half Blood Prince in four years, whereas Michelle reread the whole series this summer and didn't like some of the changes. One of these days I will reread them all too. Just no time. Says the guy who started rereading the 800-page A Game of Thrones today. Not my fault! I brought it to work to lend to my friend who requested some good fantasy and then I was stuck in shovel 10 all day with nothing to do in between trucks. Anyways.
Other movies we have seen lately, courtesy of the library's DVD collection:
Kung Fu Panda- surprisingly good. I had zero expectations though and those are not hard to surpass.
Darjeeling Limited- I know, how can I admit I don't own it? But Michelle does not share my love for Wes Anderson. My favorite scene- when the brothers are walking along being their normal screw up selves and then they see the raft in the river and Peter (Adrian Brody) yells "Go!" and they do. Though I've never saved, or failed to save, someone from drowning I kind of know what that feels like.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off- stands up surprisingly well. The caricature characters were silly and dumb even to my 20-years younger self.
The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford- I thought Brad Pitt, Casey Affleck and Fort Edmonton Park all turned in great performances!
From my own DVD collection I rewatched The Royal Tenenbaums (an annual event) and that scene where Chaz tells Royal he's had a rough year gets me every time. And I finally finished Avatar! The real Avatar, not the James Cameron thing. Or the M NIght Shyamalan thing which I am frightened of, but also hopeful for. I had just the last episode to watch for eons and ages and I finally got around to it. Good ending- unlike all the deviantArt fangirls I was never a Zutara fan.