Monday, August 31, 2009

P8312430 P8312433
P8312435 P8312439

We went downtown today to check out the Library's book sale. We didn't buy any books, because really, do we need more books? But since we were there we decided we would also go to City Hall and spend some time in the wading pool. Yay fun! And do you like the housecoat I bought Pallas? Completely frivolous and useless, but it was on sale and just so darn cute!

Speaking of books, like I mentioned I am rereading A Game of Thrones, the first part of George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire. (Robin asked me what I was reading, and I said, "Um, the book I brought to lend you. You can't have it now." "Son of a bitch," he replied.) The first time around you don't really realize how almost all of the characters he introduces will reappear later, likely with brothers, cousins and bastards in tow. So it's good to go back and put it all together. And also I like piking up on details I missed. Is Jon Snow's mother related to the Targaryens? I can't even remember if he answers that later on. And the Doom of Valyria was only 300 years ago, so what was that about anyways? Dragons? What's up with the Others anyways? And and . . .