Thursday, February 17, 2011

Last week on our drive to Calgary we were listening to the Glee soundtrack, Michelle's favorite music. She asked me who wrote one song, and I said, "I have no idea, I've never heard this song in my life."
"Your musical knowledge has a serious gap in it."
"Yeah, I don't know any of the cheesy songs."
To be fair, I gave Glee a chance at her insistence and I really like it. Not the music as much, but Sue Sylvester kills me. Like, makes me laugh so hard I cry and Michelle has to pause the dvd while I recover. Jane Lynch is gonna be on Q one of these days, actually.
What else. The music I'm really digging on right now is Buck 65's new one, 20 Odd Years. I can't get enough, seriously.
What else. Been working a bit of overtime lately so I have even less time at home than usual. Pallas told me on the phone the other day, "Daddy, come home!" Heartbreaking. At last work is waaaaay better ever since I bid off of pumps. Just drive my truck and read my comics. Marvels was very good. I've also been reading the Star Wars Omnibus series that reprints the old Marvel Star Wars series we all grew up on. Classic. I only had maybe not quite half of them so it's fun to go back and read what all I missed. The original 6 issues were an adaptation of the movie, but it came out before Star Wars was released, and the artist hadn't seen it. I don't know if he went off storyboards or production photos or what, but R2-D2 is drawn as if he walks on his legs rather than rolls. Kind of funny.

No comments: