Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pallas informed she wanted to watch the "bobbow bott" movie this morning. My Boba Fett bobble head has been a favorite toy of hers since she was just wee. See? But as much as I can't wait to share Star Wars with her, I didn't want to disappoint her, she has a hard time watching movies when her favorite character is not onscreen. Sleeping Beuaty takes forever before "Pincess Aueya" shows up, and then she (Aurora, not Pallas) falls asleep for the rest of the movie. Boba Fett is only in Empire Strikes Back for what, three minutes total screen time? Patience, young Padawan. You will see the greatest movie of all time, many times. Just not yet.
What else. I shaved my head last week, figured there was no sense in pretending I still had a full head of hair any more. I know big changes like that can be hard for a two-yo to absorb, so I told her before hand that I was gonna cut my hair just like Uncle Bee. (My brother-in-law has a shaved head and all the bald men we see are Uncle Bee to her.) "Is that a good idea?" "Yeah!" But even so when I got home I made sure to wear my hat and remind her that all my hair was gone. When she was ready, I took my hat off. "Hat on, Daddy!" She was a little upset. BUt I explained her again,and she was better. "Daddy's hair fall off."
Yup.
"Pallas hair not fall off?"
No sweety, your hair isn't going to fall off. And then she was happy.

No comments: