Friday, January 20, 2012

It was Daddy/Daughter Date Day so Pallas and I went to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. She did pretty good- she was engaged in the movie, and definitely engaged in the popcorn (hopcorn) and "special drink" aka Sprite. Sometimes she preferred to stand, and that's alright. The glasses didn't seem to bother her either. The Broadways touring show is coming to Edmonton soonly, though to be honest it looks like a not-as-good version compared to the local Citadel version Michelle and I saw a few years ago. Definitely would take her to that if it comes back!
Speaking of local culture, Michelle and I are going to the Symphony next week for her birthday! Sweet! It's been ages. Ever hear of Rachmaninoff? If I am not mistaken, the Consul in Dan Simmons' Hyperion is playing some Rachmaninoff in the opening scene of that book, one of my favourites ever. Also this piece was in the movie Shine which I should watch one of these days.

No comments: