Sunday, February 05, 2012

We've really been the beneficiary of our local hospitals- when Pallas was born she had to be immediately whisked to the then-one day-old Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Grey Nuns, where she was tooken care of very well. Then I didn't even hear that the Stollery Children's Hospital (part of the University of Alberta's network of hospitals) has a brand new emergency room for kids. How great is that? Just opened on Thursday, apparently, and last night Michelle and my Mom took Naia Peanut there. And she was looked after almost immediately- on a Saturday night no less. Wow.
She was fine, mostly. She's been sick for like ten days or something, but nothing to really be concerned about, but last night she started coughing so hard she threw up, and never really stopped coughing. And the scary part was she wasn't even crying, just coughing and coughing. Also she had some issues breathing- not that she couldn't, but that she was obviously working at it. Hence the trip to the hospital. So yeah, she's good, home and on the mend, looks like.
As for myself, I was home, though just returned from night shift hence not really qualified to make rational decisions,so I stayed to look after Pallas while my Mom went with Michelle to the hospital. So that was huge.
Anyways, just wanted to expand on the story a bit from my Facebook status and give the shout out to the hospitals who have done so much for us, and my Mom of course.
Cheers!

No comments: