Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Remember the halcyon days of the Woodsy Crypt? It was a simpler era of mostly we just watched movies and tv shows chosen by the VampireNomad. There were a few simple criteria for these programs. They needed to star either Gina Gershon, Craig Parker or Tom Hardy. Back in those days Tom Hardy was mostly known for playing the Romulan clone of Jean-Luc Picard or something, Shinzon, in Star Trek Nemesis. I'm hazy on the details and my PS2 from those days had a lot of trouble playing Nemesis, no matter how many copies I brought home from the video store where I worked. (Which is now a dollar store in the shopping centre closest to my house, weird.)
I'm losing my point in the nostalgic musings. My point is simple: back then I didn't really get why Tom Hardy should be singled out for such adulation. I gamely went along with her, but I didn't see it myself. HIs other claim to fame back then was he briefly appeared, naked and scrambling for his clothes, in a late episode of Band of Brothers. Like, episode 9 of 10. Again, didn't really see the appeal.
When the first pictures of Bane showed up I was like, "Hey that huge-ass dude has the same name as the guy my old room-mate was into way back when. That skinny naked guy from Band of Brothers. Whatever happened to that guy anyways?"
The answer is he got awesome. He got so awesome that he defined new realms of awesome such that the word awesome itself is obsolete.
Michelle and I watched Warrior last week. What a great movie. You should watch it. Oh you've seen it already? Watch it again! After it was over I told Michelle that I had a lot of work to do the next day. She was like, why, it's Canada Day it's a holiday. And I was like, the tomhardification of Nathan must begin anew!
You know, because I work out. Inspirational and all that.
Tweeted that and the VampireNomad was like, squeeee! A new term was coined. She even came up with units with which to measure tomhardification. Banes! And since I am but a wee mere mortal, I quickly realized that I could only measure myself in milliBanes.
We can only strive to reach one Bane.

1 comment:

VampireNomad said...

This is beautiful. See, back then you doubted my psychic ability to adore only the most awesome of men but now who is right and who is TOM HARDY? :) Tomhardification is what everyone should strive to. We can only achieve greatness one milliBane at a time.

Now watch Bronson. And Lawless. And RocknRolla. And Inception. Stat, please. STAT!

(Also I realize not much has changed in my film/tv viewing criteria except that it expanded to include anything Anjelica Huston and CSI.)