Wednesday, October 07, 2020

 It's Read In Week which in normal years means people from the community come to schools and read to the kids. This being 2020 we do it all by google meets and such. But I did get to zoom into Naia's grade 4 class today. Same thing, in normal years usually we'd've already gnet to Meet The Teachers night and the girls would have excitedly shown us their classrooms and all the projects they're working on. So yeah, even by zoom (google meet sorry) it was cool to see her class and even her teacher. Everyone wearing masks. I read the story from a couple weeks ago, Curse of the Dad Joke, at Naia's request, as well as a poem originally posted here back in .... 2003? Long time ago. The F.A.F.A.F. (I was going to try to link to it but apparently the permalink are not really working anymore. It's ok, I'm working on something more better.)

Tomorrow I'm zooming into Pallas' class and I will read my short story Dams which was printed in a local anthology but has never been online. I originally wrote that quite some time ago, too. Been going over a lot of my old writing, seeing which of it holds up. Salvaging some of it, anyway.

Ever heard of Twine? It sounds vaguely familiar from listening to CBC's Spark. Got my EPL newsletter today and they have some sort of zoom thing involving writing something on Twine, so I signed up. Might as well, right? I have the time. I think it's just writing stories with hypertext. A few years ago for Mother's Day I wrote Michelle a whole Choose Your Own Adventure story - I even downloaded a template with the red border and got the girls to draw the cover. It was fun- aliens come and kidnap Pallas and Naia and Michelle has to use her ingenuity and kickassness to get them back. That was just a one-off but it was fun to write the various pathways.




No comments: