Wednesday, March 24, 2021

 Shoot- I missed International Puppy Day yesterday. I was unaware there was such a day, as I was unaware of so much when it came to dogs. I'm learning though. Here is a live shot of our puppy right now, but even if you are reading this a year from now, it is probably a pretty reliable indicator of what she is doing:



Last night she was frightened of the coyotes. Something had riled them up and they were howling, not even that close to our house, but she could hear them. I let her out and she stood on the deck in high-alert mode, but then quickly turned around and ran inside. Poor little puppy! I wound up sleeping on the couch so she wouldn't have to go back in her crate. Well, I tried putting her in the crate but she was too agitated to settle and would have barked all night maybe. Urg.

We have her in Puppy School right now, and that's helping a lot.  Obedience training or whatever you call it. Last week she was so tuckered out from it that she slept all night, giving me three whole uninterrupted sleeps last week! The streak has not continued this week but maybe tonight will be ok.

I stopped walking her to and from school with the girls, and that's made a big difference in my relationship with my daughters. Our walks to and from school have been so good for connecting and we had lost that with also having to deal with Ahsoka. And we need a reset to teach Ahsoka how to walk to heel, which is coming along with dedicated training walks. We are all learning! 


No comments: