Thursday, July 10, 2008



I can finally tell you that I'm gonna be a Papa Bear! Woohoo! We will have a little cub sometime around January 21st. I couldn't be prouder. We've known for a few months but obviously it is best to let the first trimester pass before getting too crazy with the public announcements. This morning we went to the doctor and heard the baby's heartbeat, it was so amazing.
A few months ago I was on my way to work, night shift, when Michelle called to say that various signs and wonders caused her to believe that she might possibly be pregnant. Then she hung up so she could take a home pregnancy test while I paced the floor in Hinton. She called back and said it read positive. Then I had to go to work. We were doing some crazy coalminery thing and I couldn't take it anymore so I told my foreman I had to go call my wife and that I would return and finish the job later. Michelle had taken three tests to confirm so it seemed the writing was on the wall.
So, things have been pretty exciting around here although I think Michelle has not been having as much fun as she would like- little cub is already quite naughty and making Mama Bear throw up alla time. It took me a while to learn that cheering every time she vomited was not really appreciated- to me it was just more proof that it was all real.
Yup. Feels pretty great!
And that bear cub artwork was an early deviantArt commission I commished from cme, actually as I recall it was to benefit katrina victims so that was a few years ago now.