Wednesday, August 27, 2003

The Summer Blockbuster season is coming to an end, and with the exception of a few disappointments (the Hulk could have been SOOO much better), I was pretty happy with the fare. Matrix, Pirates, X2 and T3 were all very enjoyable. But now the fall movie season is upon us, and I am quite excited about a number of upcoming releases. First up, Underworld. Sure, it looks like the pooducers said, "Hey- let's make a movie that looks exactly like the Matrix only it'll be about werewolves and vampires!" But that's just fine by me.
Then comes the long-awaited (by me, anyways) third installment of the El Mariachi movies, Once Upon A Time in Mexico. Sure, it looks exactly like its predecessor, Desperado, but again, that is fine by me. Antonia Banderas and Salma Hayek and Johnny Depp kicking ass with flame-throwing guitar cases? What's not to love? Desperado is one of my (second tier) favorite movies- "Did I thank you yet?" "No." "I will."
And just today I found out that my man Marilyn will be playing a transsexual singer in a movie starring Macauley Culkin (!) called Party Monster. That's all I know, but I'm pretty sure it won't be exaclty like Home Alone. Cause that wouldn't be so fine by me.
And a film my friend the Goddess and I have been eagerly anticipating for quite a while now will finally be out in October- Prey for Rock and Roll. Go to the site and play the title song, sung by Gina Gershon who is starring in the movie. Very cool song. Isn't this a great picture? Miss Gershon and Drea DeMatteo.

F.U!

No comments: