Friday, September 19, 2003

When I was in grade 7, during the coldest parts of winter, my friend Peter and I would forge detention slips so that we wouldn't have to go outside for recess. Since we had received plenty of legitimate detention slips, we knew exactly how they had to look. No one ever caught on, because who would willingly take detention? It was the prefect crime. But in a way, we still got punished for it, since we did serve detention. Though in this case serving the punishment was our crime. Well, whatever.
I remember one time my music teacher tied me to my chair so that I couldn't get up and wander around and annoy her anymore. Peter laughed and laughed at me. I was tied up so I couldn't punch him in the nose.
Those were the good old days. It was all about mischief, rather than being a badass. It still kind of is, though. But honest mischief is harder to get into when you're an adult. Or at least, "authorities" and "responsible people" can't seem to distinguish between mischief and criminal behaviour, and so you have to be more careful. And believe me, I know whereof I speak.

No comments: