Tuesday, March 23, 2004

My sister, or rather, mi hermana, was chastising me tonight for not ever poosting about the Oilers. She doesn't get much news of the Mighty Oil down in Mexico, so she relies on my boundless wisdom and expertise. Well not really, she is just as capable of reading the newspaper and checking the standings online as I am. I just needed a reasonable excuse to do a little boasting on the Oilers, who are on fire lately! Ethan Moreau is playing like a pissed-off bear who just smelled some over-ripe sasquatch poo (trying to avoid all the tired old sports cliches, such as "like a man possessed", "in the zone", "with his game face on" and "really well"). With their win tonight over LA, they climb to within a point of a playoff spot. And they are 7-0-2-1 (I think) in their last ten. Not too shabby pooey.
And now I sing one of my favorite songs, a Cookie Monster Classic (slightly modified): "Hockey hockey hockey starts with 'C'!"

No comments: