Monday, November 15, 2004

Dunedin
I guess life is not so bad when your biggest source of aggravation is not being able to see the new Star Wars trailer. Because I've tried. Some internet cafes have pretty ancient machines, and some, like this one here, seems thoroughly up-to-date and yet they don't have quicktime. Oh well. Luckily there is plenty to occupy my attention in the meantime. Since last I spoke to you I have seen penguins and orcs! And been sick. And survived a deluge- well, to be fair, it was more our intrepid campervan Wedge that survived the deluge . . . without much in the way of permanent damage. Wedge verily needs some sort of award, or reward, for putting up with a bear and a vampire for so long. Seriously.
Since we arbitrarily decided, with no proof whatsoever, that we saw a Narnian film crew the other day, I started reading The Silver Chair. I would like to share a quote from it with you, but don't think I am sending some sort of secret message about our morale. We're fine. This just made me laugh. Puddleglum is talking about adventures:

That's the spirit, Scrubb. That's the way to talk. Put a good face on it. But we all need to be very careful about our tempers, seeing all the hard times we shall have to go through together. Won't do to quarrel, you know. At any rate, don't begin it too soon. I know these expeditions usually end that way: knifing one another, I shouldn't wonder, before all's done. But the longer we can keep off it . . .

No comments: