Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Wellington
A funny thing about time travel is the timezone factor. So even though my blog is still set to good ole Mountain Standard Time, the fact is I am actually somethig like 20 hours ahead of that. Which means here in New Zealand, it is my inestimable travelling companion's birthday! So happy birthday to gabrielle! You may send her birthday love here in the droppings or at her own blog which she actually has started updating again from time to time.
Anyways, there will be much celebrating of this event (in fact there already has been) and tonight we are going to Coppelia, my first ever classical ballet. I once went to a modern ballet with a friend- he was only going to impress an ex-girlfriend (ex!!! I mean come on!) and it was . . . a little underwhelming. But I am looking forward to the experience tonight, even if my limited travel wardrobe means I will be going as a scruffy backpacker rather than a debonair patron of the arts, but oh well.

No comments: