Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I didn't really do any Top Ten lists this year, but for sure my favorite CD of last year was Slipknot Vol. III (The Subliminal Verses). One day in Wellington I thought I saw a Slipknot flyer on a lightpost across the street, so I crossed over to get a closer look, taking my life in my hands once again since I would invariably look the wrong way before crossing in NZ, especially when excited by the possibility that Slipknot might be playing in Wellington. Sadly, it was for some other band with a similar font. But in fact they ARE playing in New Zealand, next week at Auckland's Big Day Out, along with the Beasties (!!!) and System of a Down and lots of other great bands. Oh well. One day I'm sure, Slipknot will come here. Turns out that day is four days hence, or, more pertinent to me, four nights hence. Since I am going to go on night shifts tonight, that means I will be on my last shift on that momentous day, and once more it will be SlipNot for me.
Last night I had a dream that I was at the show, though there was only three of them there and they weren't wearing their masks (still best show ever!!!!) and in the middle of Vermillion Pt. II, a song I doubt they would play live, #0 was stopped in his tracks by a girl in the audience who was messing with his head, and she left for the parking lot and he went after her. Then he came back too torn up to continue, and I had to exhort him with his own lyrics- "I won't let this build up inside of me". I think he felt better after that. But if I had a mask on right now it would be of a sad face.
But ringwraiths can cheer me up, here's a picture I took last night in Mordor.
DSCF0806

No comments: