Friday, April 22, 2005

Wow- I slept for over 13 hours. That's what nightshifts can do I guess. I had an interesting dream where I was scuba diving and snorkelling with my sister, and she showed me her surprisingly water-resistant Gameboy Advance (I was hoping it would be a PSP) and then we went camping and got locked out of our cabin (well, I locked us out) while a bear prowled through our campsite. But he was a friendly bear just popping in for a visit so it was okay, and then we unlocked the cabin and went in to watch the Grey Cup.
This is all a circuitous way of saying I have a free Flickr Pro account to give away. See, on the way home from work the other day we saw a black wolf. It was beautiful. And huge. I kicked myself for not having my camera with me- one should have their camera with them at all times is a lesson I am trying to learn. So my dream was kind of another reminder- even there I was caught without my camera, which is probably just as well during the diving part, but still.
Anyways, I think Flickr is great. With a Pro account you can upload 2 gigs worth of pictures a month. But I'm not just going to give away a Pro account, I think I will make you earn it. So if you want it, send me either a Playstation Portable, your favorite photo or artwork (made by you) or else a personal essay that explains in detail why you deserve the account, and which also makes mention of how great I am, and references at least ONE of the following: robots, Nazgul, Grey Cups, keas, or Slipknot. Obviously you will get bonus points if you work in more than one. Open to anyone who can meet one of the three criteria. Anyone, even lurkers, family members and residents of Quebec who usually get left out of all the contests for some strange reason.I will give you a week. Starting last Monday. Just kidding. Starting today.
Send your submissions to nwaddell (at) gmail dot com.

No comments: