Thursday, November 10, 2005

By some strange alignment of the stars and work schedules and being either poor or overseas, I have never seen the Tragically Hip live. Weird, eh? Any Canadian of my generation knows the Hip's live shows are legendary, and every Canadian of my generation but me has been to one. Lucky for me they have released Hipeponymous (Hipapotamous?) a sort of box set with a concert DVD on it, and it is currently making me very happy. The live version of Grace, Too (tied for my favorite Hip song ever along with Scared ) is perfect, musically, and Gord Downie's singing on it is fierce- I mean, literally, fierce. Like he's going to bite you or something. I love it!
Plus they sing Gus, the Polar Bear from Central Park, which won all kinds of awards among the ursine set when it was released a few years ago. I think it got the Grizzly for Best Maritimus Music.

No comments: