Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Did you know that Philip Pullman has a very . . . unique signature? I discovered this today when I found a signed copy of The Amber Spyglass in Strathcona Books. I was curious if it was a first edition and found that it was in fact a signed first (American) edition. Whoa, I thought, and flipped to the signature. I was a bit suspicious because it almost looked as if somebody just scribbled "Philip Pullman" to pass it off as his autograph. I asked the lady if it was genuine, and she didn't know. I bought it with the understanding that if it turned out to be fake I could take it back. I checked the internet, and it's real! Nice!
Michelle and I are starting to build a decent collection of signed books- last month I got A Feast For Crows signed by George RR Martin. Michelle has some Nick Bantock (from the reading we went to, remember gabrielle? Someone pawned their copies and I found them!) and Diana Gabaldon books. Oh yeah and gabrielle found a signed copy of House of Leaves when we were in Wellington and she talked me into buying it.
Do you guys have any?

No comments: