Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Hockey Hockey Hockey Starts With E*
My chiropractor, who also happens to be my friend Travis's fiance, casually mentioned that she and Trav are going to the game tonight. Lucky! Playoff tickets are worth more than gold, or even oil around here. I considered making a call to Travis in a fake chiropractic falsetto- "Hello, Travis? This is your fiance, you know, the chiropractor? Anyways, I can't go to the game tonight because I have to chiropractice, so I think you should take Homie Bear. Okay, gotta go- enjoy the game and remember to maintain proper posture."
The only playoff game I've ever been to was Game 4 of the Oilers/Avalanche series in 1998 when they beat Colorado in 7- but lost Game 4. I went with my good buddy Rob who I haven't seen for five or six years since this afternoon! I was at the university today and I ran into him! Hey buddy!
Rob and I were in geology together back in the day. Glorious Slacker Days! Remember when we were in Field School and started the daily tradition of jumping in the Athabasca after supper? Everyone thought we were nuts, yet we baptized new converts every day. Or how about that camping trip we went on because we didn't have any finals and everyone else did? Did that ever suck! Hiking through all that snow, trying to warm up with Sterno cans, putting on frozen hiking boots in the morning. Well, it had its moments though- the cigar at Whitehorse after we limped back to the car. And going back to Hinton to watch hockey. After that trip we went and bought those playoff tickets and vowed never to go winter camping again (not really).
Well, time to go- Hockey Night in Canada is starting.

* sing with a Cookie Monster voice, to the tune of C is for Cookie

No comments: