Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I still have a face! And I feel fine. Hurts to eat, a bit, but otherwise I'm good. (Anyways I didn't even get a chance to eat today until 8 hours into the shift!) Not even a shiner to look scary with. I was lucky and it could have been a lot worse. Thanks for all your well-wishes! Turns out a bulldozer hit a pickup yesterday a few hours after I was hurt so they shut the whole pit down and delivered a stern talking-to about being more safe.
Which is fine but I can honestly say I had no intention of being unsafe yesterday. Things just happen.
Today we were all much safer but it still was not a fun day. I think I'm ready for a holiday, which I get at the start of October so I guess I can hold on a bit longer.
Ironically, there is a big safety slogan contest right now, and I even entered the day before yesterday- wanna hear my suggestion?
Safety: Because it sucks to be dead.

No comments: