Monday, March 05, 2007

The Edmonton Art Gallery (or Art Gallery of Alberta as it's now called) is doing a cool thing- before they close down for major renovations they opened their exhibit halls up to the general public. By that I mean they let anyone who wanted drop off some artwork for display. Michelle and I went and browsed the art yesterday- there were some pretty impressive pieces on display. Actually overall the quality level was very high, which isn't really surprising given the high-level of arts participation in this city. I was expecting a bunch of stick figure drawings (like what Michelle wanted us to bring) but it was real art. You should check it out if you have a chance, it's free to enter until March 24th when they shut down.
I have no art of my own to display so instead I'll show you what my current desktop wallpaper is:
Lil-Red vs Wolf-Dog by Enrique O. Rivera

No comments: