Friday, November 07, 2008

I think it was early Christmas (or extended Halloween) at work this week- every day we got a present from the company. First night it was a gift bag with a water bottle and some M&Ms, and the bag itself was one of those environmentally friendly reusable bags. So, not made of coal.
The second night we got hats. Actually everyone else got a hat, including Bad Busdriver Bob, but not me. They ran out before I got to the wicket. That'll teach me for dawdling whilst donning my steel toes.
The third night we got bonus checks! Sweet! Actually the first night was payday and I had an extra check in there and I was excited thinking it was the long-awaited bonus checks they promised us in the summer. When I opened it and it was only for $79 I was very sad. You don't see many coal miners bawl like a baby at work but there I was, until someone pointed out that it was actually a reimbursement for some X-rays I had to do. Phew! So our actual bonus checks were still to come, and they were significantly larger than $79.
And then last night we got surprisingly nice fleeces. And surprisingly large fleeces, too. Luckily Michelle is very pregnant right now and so she can have a maternity fleece.