Sunday, November 23, 2008

Some random thoughts after nightshift:

- I am kind of curious about the new GnR. Appetite for Destruction defines grade 9 for me in some ways, but by the time of Use Your Illusion, Metallica and Sepultura had pretty much supplanted them as my gods. Plus the release of Nevermind about the same time kind of rendered them obsolete. But all things come round again.

- Good Grey Cup game, even if Calgary won. It's hard not to like Henry Burris, though after all his Kanyeing this week about not winning any personal awards he dropped a few pegs in my estimation. Calvillo is a pure class act though and I feel bad for him.

- Tires grrr! I have a huge long story about how bad Canadian Tire sucks and how we should never ever shop there again, but I don't want to get into it. Suffice to say I spent $1500 on tires for my and Michelle's cars but I spent it in Hinton from a local who knows the meaning of customer service. So when one of those brand new tires gets punctured it can be a little frustrating.

- and to end on a positive note- check out these Martian glaciers. And this month's Nat Geo has a beautiful spread on Mars too. As well as the usual great articles on all sorts of things.