Thursday, June 04, 2009


I bought this Steampunk anthology a while ago and finally got around to reading it. Some good stories. Though not actually steampunk I was especially happy to read Neal Stephenson's entry, which is a story set in the same world as The Diamond Age, which everyone knows is one of my all-time favorite books ever. Just a quick little story, but a pleasant surprise since I had no idea he had ever revisited that corner of his mind. Do another one! Or ten.
I also read Augusten Burroughs' A Wolf at the Table. That guy has lived through more craziness than ten giant steam robots. This book is about his crazy dad, and covers mostly his youth prior to going to live with the crazy culty psychiatrist which is what Running With Scissors is about. The book is excellent, but messed up. I kept thinking just reading it would corrupt my own fathering skills but then I remembered I am not a sociopath.
I think I'll watch this clip of Augusten with George Strombouloupolous. Which may be the hardest word I've ever typed. Stromboloupoluilos.