Monday, October 19, 2009

Obviously I loved Slipknot but I was a little worried about how Michelle would react. She's absorbed a lot of knot by osmosis over the course of our marriage but still. Anyways she had a great time. It was cool to kind of watch it through her eyes. Corey Taylor was mesmerizing and full of love for his Edmonton family and Michelle was bouncing it back. (M: he's a class act. And who knew motherf**kers could be such an affectionate term?) Highlight- probably People = Shit for me. Orchestrated chaos. And seeing Chris Fehn and Sid Wilson and the Clown wandering around engaging in mayhem. For Michelle maybe it was when we all went down to our knees and jumped up on Corey's signal? Also the fact that she recognized Before I Forget.
Today I took Pallas for a walk, we went down to the little pond where the Canada geese have been massing. Michelle told me Pallas is mesmerized by them. Sure enough when we got there she was totally wide-eyed and amazed. Other than Hi! and dadadad (and sometimes HiDad) she doesn't really have any words yet so her wonder was expressed in a series of grunty gasps. "Ah!" and "Ooh!" and "Aaaaaaahhhh!" It was amazing to see it through her eyes. And yet geese-on-a-pond is a fairly low entry on the list of Awesome Things in the World. Just wait till I show her all the rest of them!