Tuesday, December 22, 2009

So we've finally gotten around to watching The Office, the first three seasons anyways. Having never worked in an office I enjoy this window into another world. That's one thing reality tv is good for, eh? Sometimes I think it's just a little bit scripted, and Dwight can't really be that idiotic, can he? He must play it up for the cameras a bit. Of course if they ever made a reality show of the coalmine, there would be some people who wouldn't believe these people were for real, either. Just think about all the bus drivers we've had. And there are so many other stories I could tell but I feel bad writing about my coworkers, most of whom are my friends and some I even consider my brothers. And the guys I don't like, well, I wouldn't want them stumbling on this some day either. "Hey Nathan, I saw on your blog you think I am a whiny baby." "Umm, no Tim, I was talking about the other Tim. The whiny one who acts like a baby all the time. Not you. You are nothing but sunshine all day long!"
There are some ex-coworkers, though . . . like the guy who was in a police protection program for ratting on his biker gang which got him out of prison for manslaughter. He didn't last long because he missed a lot of work. Because manslaughter is alright but don't even think about playing hooky!