Monday, December 28, 2009

Well the oeys are almost over and everyone is doing their decade retrospectacades. Umm. I spent an inordinate amount of time making poo jokes and thinking about Star Wars. So there will be no such decadectical from me.
But I do like to annually tell you what my favorite musics and books and movies were. Ever since Pallas was born I haven't had much time to read, so my favorite book of the year was probably Mr Brown Can Moo Can You? Oh wait that was Pallas' favorite. Mine was either Anathem (Neal Stephenson) or Drood (Dan Simmons). Actually I liked The Terror even better than Drood but Drood came out this year and might be the only book I read that was actually published in 2009.
Movies- hmm. Definitely not Transformers 2. Star Trek. Also Up. Both of which I just saw the other day since they were Christmas presents.
Musics- A year ago I would have thought Green Day would be a shoo-in but their last one didn't quite take with me as much as I thought it would. Instead my album of the year is Bif Naked's The Promise. It kicks ass. She kicks ass. Seriously. Did you know she had breast cancer and kicked its ass? Because that's how she rolls. Why don't you just get it off of iTunes right this minute? At least get these tracks: Sick. Ciao Bella. Fuck You 2. Honeybee. River of Fire. Especially River of Fire. This part gave me shivers the first time I heard it (actually it was tears because of the cancer thing but I don't think it was meant to elicit tears): You have set the world on fire/ and I say let it burn!