Friday, May 07, 2010

Sometimes when you got nothing much to say you can talk about what you're into these days.
Musically I'm having an R.E.M. revival a bit, Hurricane Pallas unearthed some old discs I hadn't listened to in years. You Are The Everything and King of Birds are some great tunes that kind of got overshadowed by their now-somewhat-dated poppy hits like Orange Crush and Stand. IMO anyways. Also I got some songs from iTunes from a Canadian jazz singer name of Lily Frost. Bug Tax and Wychwood. Pretty cool.
I'm reading three good books right now- The Amazing Adventures of Cavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson and The Boba Fett Omnnibus. Reading them all at once can be a little confusing as I am never quite sure when Boba Fett is going to embark on his career as an escape artist or get his new tattoo.
I got a 3-pack of George Clooney today at the Blockbuster (not intentionally it just worked out that way, I mean, I like him but not like that). Fantastic Mr. Fox because I've been wanting to watch that one again ASAP since the first time. Men Who Stare At Goats which I haven't watched yet, and tonight we watched Up In The Air. Pretty good, right? Not sure Michelle liked the ending but I was happy. A friend at work lent me seasons 1 and 2 of The L Word which I've been really enjoying. What's not to like? Added bonus- many BSG actor cameos.
I registered for the Little Big Run today. Been running a lot. So much, in fact, that the sizable investment I made recently in blue jeans has taken a nosedive just like the DOW Jones. They fall right off, actually. I might need a bailout, or at least a belt.

No comments: