Saturday, October 23, 2010

It turns out I forgot all about my bloggiversary, which I think was yesterday. Just been busy I guess. Pooing in the Woods is 8 years old. It'll be driving in no time.
So today was a full day and a little more diverse than usual. Started off with a science fiction convention. Pure Speculation was this weekend so I thought I would check it out, a friend of mine did a discussion but my schedule didn't allow me to see it. Anyways it's a bit of a small con, especially after San Diego, but I'm glad I went. Met some interesting people who do some amazing stuff. I'm glad Edmonton has a few things in the year like this.
After that I went to a funeral of a friend who I used to work with at the mine. Younger than me. That's three funerals I been to this year, and one more I was supposed to go to but was kept back at work for a special job. I think it's time for a moratorium on going to funerals for a while.
And after that was a birthday party for one of Pallas's little friends, at Gymboree. She had a blast and I did too just watching her play and jump around and stuff. When Michelle first told me about it I was like, why would I want to go to that? It's not like the little girl is MY friend. But I'm glad I went.
We had to race home to have supper before our book club friends came over. We were kind of dreading it a little since Michelle only skimmed the book and I didn't really bother with it. Hey, I been busy, remember! Luckily the one who picked the book had the flu and couldn't come so we just talked about other books and watched the Oilers lose.
Anyways, my Flickr page has a small number of photos of cosplayers from Pure Spec, and many photos of Pallas at the birthday party. Here's the birthday girl, Bloodrayne:

Bloodrayne

No comments: