Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I got a speeding ticket today, d'oh!!! Except, no I didn't! Sweet! Cop pulled me over on the way to Hinton, it's snowing but the roads are in good condition, so I may have been doing 125 or so. I suspect that I was doing 120 by my speedometer but my snow tires add about 10% in actual speed. Anyways. So cop pulls me over, asks where I'm going.
Hinton
Business or pleasure?
It's where I work.
What do you do?
Coalminer.
So you live in Edmonton but work in Hinton?
Yes sir.
Been drinking?
No sir.
Okay hang on while I write this up.
So he comes back and says, how long you been driving back and forth like this?
I dunno, most of my life I guess. I haven't gotten that many tickets considering.
And I'm not going to give you one now. But drive safe okay? The roads are in rough shape.
Yes sir. Thank you sir.

Then later a caribou of all things crosses the road right in front of me. I gave him a ticket for jaywalking.

No comments: