Wednesday, June 01, 2011

It looks like Canada Post is set to strike in a few minutes. I was a little worried that my Calgary Comics Expo passes might get lost in the shuffle, but they arrived today. Yay! We also have tickets for Wicked in July but hopefully everything will be worked out before then. And anyways it's not like we don't have alternatives to getting tickets in the mail.
I just finished reading Joss Whedon's entire run of Astonishing X-Men. It was good. Pure Whedon so lots of brilliance sprinkled throughout. I've also read a whole mess of Avengers comics, kind of whatever the library has for me. Mighty Avengers of course, but also Avengers Initiative (training camp for Avengers), Secret Avengers (no one knows about them cause they're secret), Dark Avengers (run by Norman Osborn, they're secretly all psychos and criminals), New Avengers (a slightly better name than Shiny Avengers, but they were opposing the Dark Avengers) and of course, Ultimate Avengers, which are the Avengers in the Ultimate Universe, though keep in mind that the classic Avengers in the Ultimate Universe are called the Ultimates. So the Avengers are some other guys.
I tease, but really I enjoy them all. But reading them whenever I get them from the library means I read them all out of order and stuff so it can be a little confusing at times. But the gist is easy enough, whenever bad guys try to take over the world, the Avengers Assemble! I wonder how Whedon's Avengers movie is going to be. He said it was gonna be good at Comic Con.

No comments: