Thursday, December 29, 2011

I keep meaning to do this experiment, but for logistical and lazinal reasons I haven't yet- I want to turn on my two iMacs at the same time and see which one gets on the internet faster. I truly suspect my circa 2007 17" 512 MB of RAM clunker that's still working off of whatever came before Snow Leopard (Housecat?) would win the race over my brand new 27 incher with 8 gigs of RAM running Lyin. I mean, Lion.
I know, there's me with the anti-Apple negativity again, right? But I love Apple, as much as I can say I love any corporation. You should see all the Apple hardware I have in this house. That ancient iMac I mentioned? Pallas uses it as her personal DVD player and it works great for that. My getting-to-be-ancient iPod Touch still works great, though it is too old to accept iOS 5.
It's because the expectations are that much higher. Apples aren't supposed to suck! So when they kind of do first you have a bit of defensive denial and then you're kind of gobsmacked. Each update comes and you think it'll get better. Not so far though. Wouldn't bother me if these updates weren't more or less forced down your throat if you want to keep updated with all your iOS stuff. (But I showed them- my iPad is still running iOS 3! Heehee!)
Is it too soon to joke about praying to Steve? Maybe, eh?
Well, here's a wish list for the next round of bug fixes and whatever:
Faster please.
You know that little icon that shows you when your iPod is done charging in your iTunes sidebar? Bring it back! Why you would take that away is a little baffling. It was there just last week.
That "fix" that was supposed to take care of webpages flashing white every now and then? Didn't work.
Is there any way to make the computer itself run cooler just by tweaking software? I doubt it but if so, make it so.
Make google stop changing gmail. Oh, right, enemies now, I forgot. Sorry.

No comments: