Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pallas is maturing into a perfect little comic book geek like her daddy. A couple weeks ago, I was giving her a lecture about something, how important it is to listen to daddy and all that, and she pointed at my shirt which features various Marvel heroes such as Wolverine and Thor, and interrupted me with, "Is that Hook?"
"Why yes, that IS Hulk."
"Hook is my favorite!"
"Yeah me too! I love the Hulk."
And she skipped away happy as can be, lecture forgotten by both parties.
Also she is learning about secret identities, and knows that Peter Parker is Spider-man, and that Batman and Hook are both named Bruce, though they have different last names.
And then today at lunch, she asked me about the Green Lantern animated series she likes to watch.
"Daddy, why when Green Lantern is lying down and having a moment and Red Lantern fights him?"
"Uh, well, I guess Red Lanterns don't really respect moments." In our family, when we need to decompress and get away from the craziness, we say "I just need a moment."
"But Green Lantern was having a moment!"
"Yup. Well, that's how you can tell that Red Lanterns are really good bad guys. They fight you even when you need a moment."

lantern vs lantern

No comments: