Monday, May 19, 2003

And speaking of the Second Coming, I was introduced today to an author/painter from Vanpoover who does some amazing work, which apparently draws at least some influence from Yeats: Nick Bantock. Check out his site- or even better buy one of his books. Yesterday as the Goddess and I were walking downtown, we poked our heads into a local bookstore and she saw that this guy who I never heard of, but who she adored, would be here tomorrow (tonight) so we made plans to come hear him do a reading. It was really cool- he's a real down-to-earth guy, quite funny. But his books are so amazing- they are postcards and letters (actual letters stuck inside the envelope that you pull out and read) with this amazing artwork and a fantastical/ metaphysical storyline. Since I have only found out about him I don't really know much more than that, but seriously- it's very unique.

No comments: