Monday, May 26, 2003

Staying at my folks' place is a nice change, but there is something to be said about sleeping in your own bed, pooing in your own toilet, and browsing with your own Internet Favorites. Yup, back home today. And all I really have right now is a special message for my sister, if she happens to read this before Thursday. Go to this link, Diney, and you will see an article about Veracruz that appeared in this week's Vue Weekly. In case it doesn't work, just go here and go to the Front tab on the menu to the left, and click on the bottom story, Veracruz Vindicated. Kind of a bland article, to be honest, but Veracruz is where my sister lived for a few months, (and where she and my parents might have gone this weekend, for all I know) and we went there when I visited her and had a pretty good time- the Aquarium is amazing. Aside from Bears, I am also a huge fan of Sea Turtles, and there were some majestic ones there. We also went to an old Spanish fortress/prison, and my sister did admirably, translating the gist of what the tour guide said so I could appreciate it too. And the family my sister lived with when she was there are pretty great people. She should blog about her experiences when she lived in Veracruz . . .

No comments: