Monday, February 16, 2004

I have written my own song in honor of our hard-working spacemen. But since there is no music or melody or instruments, I guess it's not really a song. Oh well- it's not really about spacemen, either.

E=mc²

Einstein wrote a poem
Describing the shape of the universe
So I'm going to see if he was right
How could I not?
Lightspeed and time travel and
every wonder I can think of
And even more that I can't
A whole galaxy of experience
spiral arms scooping up adventure
For whoever wants to find it
I can't wait
So good-bye Mom
Good-bye Dad
and everyone else
I love you all
I'll be back in a few years
though it might seem longer
(Depending how fast I go -
what with relativity and all)
And when I get back
we'll share new poems
and old laughter
Describing the shape of our lives
We'll toast Einstein
and each other
saying
All is right with the universe

No comments: