Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Six Impossible Things for Breakfast
Selkie quoted Lewis Carroll in the droppings a couple of poosts back. If you don't read the droppings (in which case you are missing out on half one third one fifth of the fun of this blog;), this is the quote:

"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. "
~Lewis Carroll

So, I decided to try and come up with six impossible things to believe for tomorrow morning. It's harder than it sounds, especially since I think almost anything is possible, but here is my list:

1. I believe that tomorrow when I go down to my car to drive to work, Little Green Jellybean will have turned into an actual jellybean. No wait, that's too easy. It will be a giant green jellydragon! And I will fly it to work!

2. Only, I won't have to go to work because when you have a jellydragon, you certainly don't need to work for a living. Instead we will fly to Jupiter, which isn't uninhabitable at all- it is populated by even-more-giant-than-usual whales who swim in the gaseous murks of the atmosphere, and each whale is also a city, full of, umm, happy aliens who want to share their cookies with me! Yay! (If you want, gabrielle, I can swing by and rescue you from your pod- I doubt your boss will dare defy a jellydragon!)

3. Speaking of whales, I believe that the whales are more intelligent than we are and that tomorrow they will finally break their silence and teach us truly the way of life. The only impossible thing about this is that they would ever want to have anything to do with us. So make that, the whales will teach the bears, who then may or may not decide to share with us.

4. I believe that I will be appointed World Envoy of the Primacy of World Peace and will be given freedom to travel anywhere in the world to promote the primacy of world peace and bears. Or whatever position is like that that will allow me to go wherever I please for free.

5. I believe that next Wednesday we will all awake to discover that the world has turned into a cartoon. Life will go an as before, but everything will be brightly animated in a style that is a mix between Hiyao Miyazaki and Disney, circa Sleeping Beauty. And we will all be cartoon animals, a la Robin Hood. I of course will be a bear, and you . . . hmm . . . you will probably turn into a bug. Sorry. But maybe it's fun to be a bug, I don't really know. It doesn't look like fun, but . . .

6. And finally, I believe that good will triumph over evil, and love over hate.

How about you? Doesn't have to be six, if you don't want. It can be mimsytwo, if you prefer, or a handful of mome raths.

No comments: