Thursday, February 24, 2005

Last Saturday, Michelle and I were out having coffee, talking, reading the paper, saying hi to people we knew- a typical lazy Saturday afternoon. After a while a comfortable silence settled around us, which I finally broke by saying, "Wanna go see the robots?" And since Michelle loves me so well, she said "Sure!"
Everyone knows how much I love robots, so I was pretty happy to hear that the Odyssium had a new robotics exhibit. Unfortunately, the exhibit wasn't quite what I was expecting. I was thinking killer cyborgs, angst-ridden androids in search of their humanity, and maybe a robotic bear or two. Instead it was kind of a haphazard collection of huge machines with no practical purpose, or at least very unwieldy in their primary function. The basketball playing robot was pretty cool, though. If only they had some hockey playing mechs we might have an NHL season next year, but anyways. I don't mean to slam it, it was still fun. I love robots soooo much, and maybe I was expecting a bit more.
But you know, as much as I love robots, I would never marry one. Realizing this, I asked Michelle to marry me later that night, and she said yes. In a robot voice.

No comments: